The International Platinum Group Metals Association is a non-profit association representing the interests of the leading mining, production and fabrication companies of the global platinum group metals (PGMs) industry.
It provides a platform to address issues of common concern and to jointly engage with stakeholders at the international level.
The IPA represents over 80% of the global PGM industry.
- to generate and promote factual information on PGMs;
- to represent the common interests of PGM mining, production and fabrication companies worldwide;
- to encourage and assist continuous progress in the healthy, safe and environmentally sound production and processing of PGMs;
- to define and communicate industry's views on issues related to PGM production, use, and recycling;
- to liaise with other institutions of interest to the Association and its members; and
- to monitor trends and developments, identify opportunities and risks.