IPA turns 25 years
Founded in 1987, the IPA represents the worldwide leading mining, production and fabrication companies in the global platinum group metals (PGMs) industry, comprising platinum, palladium, iridium, rhodium, osmium and ruthenium. The Association has currently 15 members.
Our mission is to provide a platform to address issues of common concern and to jointly engage with stakeholders at the international level.
Our objectives are:
- to generate and promote factual information on PGMs;
- to represent the common interests of PGM mining, production and fabrication companies worldwide;
- to encourage and assist continuous progress in the healthy, safe and environmentally sound production and processing of PGMs;
- to define and communicate industry's views on issues related to PGM production, use, and recycling;
- to liaise with other institutions of interest to the Association and its members; and
- to monitor trends and developments, identify opportunities and risks.
- On the occasion of our 25th Anniversary we have put together the "25 Prominent and Promising Applications using Platinum Group Metals":